Civil Certified Technician
Jan 7, 2023
R. Radloff and Associates Inc., a leading Civil Engineering firm, has an immediate job opening for an experienced Certified Technologist to join their Prince George, BC office. In this position you will be part of a growing team that is committed to exceeding customer expectations at all stages of the engineering process.
We are proud to be a Northern BC based company that has built our foundation of success on understanding our clients and the challenges they face. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
As a smaller company, we are able to offer motivated individuals excellent opportunities for advancement and skills development. This position offers employees the chance to participate in advanced technical work, including planning and civil/municipal design, as well as site survey, construction supervision, and project management.
Radloff offers industry-competitive salaries, an excellent benefits plan, a group RRSP program, and a challenging responsive working environment where you will be a valued member of our team.
- Contribute to the cost effective and timely production of engineering designs, including roadways, drainage and utilities that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards
- Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, plans and project informational requirements, using primarily AutoCAD / Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed
- Coordinate and/or complete the preparation of documents required for approvals, assist with development and construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts, and with coordination with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality standards are achieved
- Collaborate with team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Design Technology from an accredited university or college with 2-5 years of experience in civil design.
- Proficiency in drafting using AutoCAD Civil 3D Software. Experience with Infraworks and/or other CAD/Mapping/GIS software is an asset
- Currently registered or qualified to register either as a Technician / Technologist with ASTTB
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, annual wellness benefit, and RRSP matching
- Plenty of opportunities for growth & advancement
- A positive, supportive working environment
- Exceptional support for professional development including paid professional development, mentorship program, and support in developing both long and short term educational goals.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to Jane Radloff, Office Manager at:
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
R. Radloff & Associates Inc. was founded in 1982 by Mr. Robert Radloff, P.Eng., who still acts as the Senior Principal and Engineer of Record for many of our projects. Since the beginning, this small Northern BC-based firm has centred around the Core Values of integrity, professionalism, service excellence, and the continual development of our people and organization.
Our Mission is to specialize in civil and related mechanical engineering, planning, and consulting in order to provide our clients with exceptional services that support community growth and development.
In order to prove our commitment to the core values and mission of this firm, our company was an early adopter of Engineers & Geoscientists of British Columbia's Organizational Quality Management program in 2014. Since then, Radloff has continued to work tirelessly to hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public, including the protection of the environment and the promotion of health & safety in the workplace.
EXPERTISE - PROJECT PROFILES
Regional Wastewater Solution
Nadleh Whut’en First Nation and Stellat’en First Nation have depended upon Fraser Lake and other local water sources for thousands of years. In order to protect their water sources from potentially adverse effects of wastewater and to create a healthy environment, these two... READ MORE
1820 3rd Avenue
Prince George, BC V2M 1G4