Intermediate Civil Technologist
Sep 20, 2021
R. Radloff & Associates Inc., a leading Civil Engineering firm, has an immediate job opening for an experienced Intermediate Civil Technologist to join our Prince George, BC office. In this position, you will be part of a growing team that is committed to exceeding customer expectations at all stages of the engineering process. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing civil engineering-related designs & drawings, report writing, and fieldwork/survey under the direct supervision of the Engineer of Record. This position offers employees the chance to participate in advanced technical work and encourages innovative solutions.
We offer highly competitive wages, RRSP matching, health & fitness incentives, and an excellent extended benefits package. We also encourage all employees to pursue professional development through initiatives such as in-house training, educational/professional development goal-setting, and financial support.
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce engineering designs and drawings that exceed our client’s expectations and industry standards
- Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, primarily using Civil 3D, as well as other technical software
- Undertake engineering calculations in support of design production
- Work within a team to prepare proposals, construction cost estimates, tender documents, and reports
- Perform and assist with construction inspections, survey layout etc...
- Offer support in design surveys, topographical surveys, and field investigations
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved
- Liaise effectively with clients, contractors, colleagues, and other affected stakeholders throughout the duration of a project
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential project issues and facilitate corrective measures
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, plus 5 to 8 years of experience in municipal or infrastructure design and construction
- Member in good standing of the ASTTBC
- Advanced proficiency in Civil 3D software and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Exhibit attention to detail and strong communication skills (proven ability to produce accurate drawings, field notes, & reports)
- Exhibit the ability to work both independently and within a busy, high-performing team
- Willingness to work in the field in a variety of weather conditions
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5
We are proud to be a Northern BC-based company that has build our foundation of success on understanding our clients and the challenges they face. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project's life cycle.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to :
Please address your submission to Jane Radloff, Administrative Lead, and include the position you are applying for in the email heading. Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.