Intermediate Civil Technologist
Sep 20, 2021
R. Radloff & Associates Inc., a leading Civil Engineering firm, has an immediate job opening for an experienced Intermediate Civil Technologist to join our Prince George, BC office. In this position, you will be part of a growing team that is committed to exceeding customer expectations at all stages of the engineering process. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing civil engineering-related designs & drawings, report writing, and fieldwork/survey under the direct supervision of the Engineer of Record. This position offers employees the chance to participate in advanced technical work and encourages innovative solutions.
We offer highly competitive wages, RRSP matching, health & fitness incentives, and an excellent extended benefits package. We also encourage all employees to pursue professional development through initiatives such as in-house training, educational/professional development goal-setting, and financial support.
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce engineering designs and drawings that exceed our client’s expectations and industry standards
- Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, primarily using Civil 3D, as well as other technical software
- Undertake engineering calculations in support of design production
- Work within a team to prepare proposals, construction cost estimates, tender documents, and reports
- Perform and assist with construction inspections, survey layout etc...
- Offer support in design surveys, topographical surveys, and field investigations
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved
- Liaise effectively with clients, contractors, colleagues, and other affected stakeholders throughout the duration of a project
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential project issues and facilitate corrective measures
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, plus 5 to 8 years of experience in municipal or infrastructure design and construction
- Member in good standing of the ASTTBC
- Advanced proficiency in Civil 3D software and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Exhibit attention to detail and strong communication skills (proven ability to produce accurate drawings, field notes, & reports)
- Exhibit the ability to work both independently and within a busy, high-performing team
- Willingness to work in the field in a variety of weather conditions
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5
We are proud to be a Northern BC-based company that has build our foundation of success on understanding our clients and the challenges they face. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project's life cycle.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to :
Please address your submission to Jane Radloff, Administrative Lead, and include the position you are applying for in the email heading. Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
R. Radloff & Associates Inc. was founded in 1982 by Mr. Robert Radloff, P.Eng., who still acts as the Senior Principal and Engineer of Record for many of our projects. Since the beginning, this small Northern BC-based firm has centred around the Core Values of integrity, professionalism, service excellence, and the continual development of our people and organization.
Our Mission is to specialize in civil and related mechanical engineering, planning, and consulting in order to provide our clients with exceptional services that support community growth and development.
In order to prove our commitment to the core values and mission of this firm, our company was an early adopter of Engineers & Geoscientists of British Columbia's Organizational Quality Management program in 2014. Since then, Radloff has continued to work tirelessly to hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public, including the protection of the environment and the promotion of health & safety in the workplace.
EXPERTISE - PROJECT PROFILES
Valemount Affordable Housing Sites Plan
In 2016 the Village of Valemount completed an Affordable Housing Needs & Demands Assessment to establish a diverse housing supply that aligns with the communities current and future needs. The assessment found that low and modest income households in Valemount are likely to have fewer... READ MORE
1820 3rd Avenue
Prince George, BC V2M 1G4