Junior Civil Engineer
Aug 24, 2023
R. Radloff & Associates Inc., a leading Civil Engineering firm, has an immediate job opening for an experienced Junior Civil Engineer to join our Prince George, BC office. In this position, you will be part of a growing team that is committed to exceeding customer expectations at all stages of the engineering process.
This position offers employees the chance to participate in advanced technical work and encourages innovative solutions.
We offer highly competitive wages, RRSP matching, health & fitness incentives, and an excellent extended benefits package. We also encourage all employees to pursue professional development through initiatives such as in-house training, educational/professional development goal-setting, and financial support.
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce engineering designs
- Provide design support for various infrastructure projects including municipal engineering, road works, utility and facility upgrades
- Assist in the preparation of approval, tender, and contract documents
- Complete field inspections to monitor the quality and progress of the work being performed
- Prepare and adhere to site-specific health and safety plans
- Work with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained.
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential project issues and facilitate corrective measures
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution with 2+ years of experience
- Member in good standing of EGBC (or equivalent from another Canadian province)
- Construction monitoring or field experience is an asset, but not required.
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D software and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Exhibit attention to details and strong communication skills (proven ability to produce accurate drawings, field notes, & reports)
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites across Western Canada
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5
We are proud to be a Northern BC-based company that has build our foundation of success on understanding our clients and the challenges they face. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project's life cycle.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address your submission to Jane Radloff, Administrative Lead, and include the position you are applying for in the email heading. Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.